Introduction

 The purpose of this blog, is for me to keep a record of my professional development as I try to move away from being a front-end coder, who produces work for production cycles, into being someone who  works with people, teams and workflows, to improve the delivery of work - and does not code. 

At the present I have targeted the Design Ops role, as being what will provide this change. I feel there is the potential as a Design Ops person to focus on how UX work transitions from visual design, into coded product, to shephard the designs and target improvements.

I am conscious that it might be a different job title that I end up aiming for, so I am not putting the Design Ops role as my target in my initial statement.

The purpose of my desire to change, is my recognition of my shortcomings as a front-end developer these days - in the work I produce, and my interest in this this area of coding. I have come to realise, that the parts of work that I enjoy more are:

  • Working across different skill sets and departments
  • Sourcing requirements
  • Create an environment for successful work
  • Creative creating - Using fun and creativity to make the pathways simple and easy
  • Meeting ‘clients’ 

I am uncomfortable pinning my future employment on doing coded development, and feel I need to prompt and direct the change to a better role for me myself. I am not blessed with lots of professional support in making this change. But I think have been given an opportunity which can allow for me to prove my benefit if I make this change. This blog is a place for me to document this challenge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where am I starting from