Where am I starting from

I have been seconded away from my agile dev team, and leant into a UX team. This is a team build of designers and researchers - but not any developers. I believe that my UX team mates are most excited about having me onboard as a developer, as they traditionally have had problems getting al the UX coded work done that they would like.

It is my mission to try to provide a benefit to the team, and its ability to get UX work developed, without doing the development work myself. This may be tricky, as the routes and personnel available for doing UX dev work are limited.

My initial actions have been based around collecting the UX requirements that have been missed of existing or previous projects, and documenting them... Or 'making lists' as it feels.

My goal with this is to show the UX team that by better, individual documentation of UX wants, we can then size are target work, or also, can then push back up the food chain to ask for more development time.

Currently the documentation of UX designs is not particularly strong, so when the developers get the work, they seem to be able to remove UX requirements, as they can argue that they don't have the time to develop some of the more complex ones. Also, as the UX requirements are not super well documented, they can play dumb, and say that they weren't aware of a requirement, as it was only touched on in passing in one of many demos.

So I think I can strengthen the UX design cause, by making sure we document every requirement, so that it can then be sized and absorbed.

What I need to look out for at the moment, is the chance to get involved in a design, as it is going through the sizing and ticketing process. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction